City of Milwaukee
Mayor’s Design Awards recognize exceptional places in the city of Milwaukee and outstanding contributions to these places by individuals or organizations. Mayor’s Design Awards were presented to 23 projects in 6 categories on May 20, 2010 at a reception at UWM’s School of Architecture and Urban Planning.
“Design That Grabs You”
- Educator’s Credit Union, 2034 N. Prospect Ave.
- HOPE Christian School: Fortis Campus, 3601 N. Port Washington Ave.
- Hotel of the Arts, 1840 N. 6th St.
- Operative Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ International Association, 8701 N. Lauer St.
- The Tonic Tavern, 2335 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
Great curb appeal; engages the street in a distinct manner; inviting windows, welcoming entries, distinct signage; incorporates active public space, encourages informal public gathering.