- HOPE featured in Innovation in Education campaign
- HOPE Christian Schools
- Feb. 13, 2017
Our friends at School Choice Wisconsin are participating in the Innovation in Education campaign on Super18/My24 television. HOPE Christian Schools is featured during the month of February. Check out the 30-second spot filmed at HOPE Fidelis in Milwaukee by clicking here.,
Our friends at School Choice Wisconsin are participating in the Innovation in Education campaign on Super18/My24 television. HOPE Christian Schools is featured during the month of February.
- Second HOPE Christian School planned for Racine
- HOPE Christian Schools
- Feb. 1, 2017
RACINE, WIS. --- HOPE Christian Schools will open a second school in the city of Racine for the 2017-18 school year. HOPE Christian School: Veritas will serve grades K5-3, with plans to add a grade each year up to 8th grade.
MILWAUKEE, WIS. --- HOPE Christian Schools has received a significant investment from the Drexel Fund for additional growth and expansion in Milwaukee and Racine.
This is the first investment in a private school network in Wisconsin by the Drexel Fund, a venture philanthropy fund that seeks to increase access to financially sustainable, high-quality seats in faith-based and other private schools.
- Hope Christian announces 7th voucher school at Lighthouse site
- By Annysa Johnson | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- May 31, 2016
Hope Christian Schools, the largest operator of voucher schools in Milwaukee outside of the Catholic Church, will open its seventh school in the fall, in a building vacated this spring by a failed charter school.
School officials said Tuesday that it had begun enrolling students in its newest school — Hope Christian School: Fidelis — in the former North Point Lighthouse Charter School at 4200 W. Douglas Ave. on the city's north side.
- A good education by any means necessary
- Kevin P. Chavous | New Pittsburgh Courier
- July 27, 2015
By Kevin P. Chavous, Executive Counsel, American Federation for Children, Contributing Writer, Urban News Services.
- Students deserve an education that’s custom fit for success
- School Choice Wisconsin
- July 19, 2015
Choose Your School Wisconsin talks to the Cannalte family about their educational choices.
- College-bound champions celebrated at a school called HOPE
- By M.D. Kittle | Wisconsin Watchdog
- April 10, 2015
MADISON, Wis. — As University of Wisconsin men’s basketball fans come down from a historic season that ended with a tantalizing close loss in the NCAA championship, attention turns to the program’s future.
Can the Badgers make another run like 2015 anytime soon? Who will be the next big recruits to build on the team’s recent successes?
- HOPE Christian High School scholars achieve 100% College acceptance for fourth consecutive year
- HOPE Christian Schools
- March 9, 2015
MILWAUKEE, WIS. --- For the fourth consecutive year, 100 percent of HOPE Christian High School’s graduating seniors have been accepted to college.
To date, the 34 seniors scheduled to graduate in June 2015 have received 119 college acceptance letters. That number is expected to increase as graduation approaches, along with the scholarship and financial aid dollars awarded to these students.
- Best College Signing Ceremony EVAH
- By Charlie Sykes | Newsradio 620, WTMJ
- June 12, 2013
No rent-a-jock athletic decision media event can compare to this.
- HOPE Christian seniors earn 100 percent college acceptance
- Milwaukee Community Journal
- May 20, 2013
HOPE Christian High School seniors from the class of 2013 have been accepted to nearly 70 colleges and universities, and they have amassed more than $1 million in scholarships and grants. Below is a list of colleges to which members of the class of 2013 have been accepted.
- Sculptures add color to Milwaukee
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- May 13, 2013
Four fiberglass planters designed by local artist Marina Lee and K-8 students at Hope Christian School: Fortis on N. Port Washington Ave. in Milwaukee were installed in a triangular area of land bordered by N. Port Washington Ave., N. King Drive and W. Keefe Ave. as part of a beautification effort for the area.
- Wisconsin voucher school boasts 100 percent college acceptance for second year in a row
- By Ashleigh Costello | EAGnews.org
- March 14, 2013
MILWAUKEE – Dante Hamilton will be one of 37 seniors graduating in June from HOPE Christian High School, a private school that primarily serves low-income students through Milwaukee’s Parental Choice Program.
In most schools, a percentage of the graduates would be heading off to college, while many would have a different destination.
- Milwaukee's HOPE Schools Cut Achievement Gap
- By Emily Johnston | Heartlander Magazine
- Aug. 19, 2011
A trio of private, religious schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has been closing the academic achievement gap for inner-city kids who attend the school largely using vouchers. HOPE Christian Schools operates three private schools—the Prima and Fortis K-8 schools, and a high school. The schools hold tight to their Christian identity.
- The Business Journal (Story excerpts)
- Corrinne Hess | The Business Journal
- March 31, 2011
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker spoke to reporters Thursday afternoon during a visit to HOPE Christian School: Prima, a voucher school on the city's north side.
While at HOPE, Walker read "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss to a third grade class, kicking off his new education task force, "Read to Lead," which was also announced Thursday.
- Book to feature HOPE Prima as top school
- By Corrinne Hess | The Business Journal
- March 16, 2011
A new book on education will feature HOPE Christian School: Prima in Milwaukee as one of the 12 best schools in America.
Author Samuel Casey Carter examined 3,500 schools for more than a year and identified 350 high-performing institutions that had earned a reputation for instilling strong personal character along with academic achievement. Twelve schools were ultimately selected for Carter's book, "On Purpose: How Great School Cultures Form Strong Character," including HOPE Prima.
- Noted scholar highlights HOPE Christian School: Prima in book
- By Beverly Taylor | WITI-TV Channel 6 (FOX)
- Feb. 16, 2011
A noted scholar is holding up a Milwaukee school as one to imitate. He wrote a book about 12 great American schools, one of them was HOPE Christian School: Prima.
- Busy week for HOPE Christian High School ends with victory
- By Jeremy Lubus | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Feb. 12, 2011
It was a make or break week for the HOPE Christian High School boys basketball team.
- The Mayor's Design Awards Unveiled
- By Mary Louise Schumacher | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- May 20, 2010
In the "Design That Grabs You" category, awarded to projects that have great curb appeal, street engagement, inviting exteriors, welcoming entries and gathering spaces for the public, the winners are: HOPE Christian School: Fortis Campus, 3601 N. Port Washington Ave.
- Mayor's Design Awards
- City of Milwaukee
- May 20, 2010
Mayor's Design Awards recognize exceptional places in the city of Milwaukee and outstanding contributions to these places by individuals or organizations. Mayor's Design Awards were presented to 23 projects in 6 categories on May 20, 2010 at a reception at UWM's School of Architecture and Urban Planning.
- 106 & Park: BET's Top 10 Live
- BET (Black Entertainment Television)
- March 24, 2010
Students at HOPE Christian Schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, are putting a positive spin on Beyonce's anthem "Single Ladies."