- HOPE Christian's Poe makes up for lost time
- By Dave Boehler | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Sept. 6, 2012
The numbers are eye-popping: A total of 416 yards rushing last week. And a two-game total of 719 yards, which leads all running backs in the state by a margin of 180 yards.
- Milwaukee's HOPE Schools Cut Achievement Gap
- By Emily Johnston | Heartlander Magazine
- Aug. 19, 2011
A trio of private, religious schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has been closing the academic achievement gap for inner-city kids who attend the school largely using vouchers. HOPE Christian Schools operates three private schools—the Prima and Fortis K-8 schools, and a high school. The schools hold tight to their Christian identity.
- The Business Journal (Story excerpts)
- Corrinne Hess | The Business Journal
- March 31, 2011
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker spoke to reporters Thursday afternoon during a visit to HOPE Christian School: Prima, a voucher school on the city's north side.
While at HOPE, Walker read "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss to a third grade class, kicking off his new education task force, "Read to Lead," which was also announced Thursday.
- Book to feature HOPE Prima as top school
- By Corrinne Hess | The Business Journal
- March 16, 2011
A new book on education will feature HOPE Christian School: Prima in Milwaukee as one of the 12 best schools in America.
Author Samuel Casey Carter examined 3,500 schools for more than a year and identified 350 high-performing institutions that had earned a reputation for instilling strong personal character along with academic achievement. Twelve schools were ultimately selected for Catert's book, "On Purpose: How Great School Cultures Form Strong Character," including HOPE Prima.
- Noted scholar highlights HOPE Christian School: Prima in book
- By Beverly Taylor | WITI-TV Channel 6 (FOX)
- Feb. 16, 2011
A noted scholar is holding up a Milwaukee school as one to imitate. He wrote a book about 12 great American schools, one of them was HOPE Christian School: Prima.
- Busy week for HOPE Christian High School ends with victory
- By Jeremy Lubus | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Feb. 12, 2011
It was a make or break week for the HOPE Christian High School boys basketball team.
- The Mayor's Design Awards Unveiled
- By Mary Louise Schumacher | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- May. 20, 2010
In the "Design That Grabs You" category, awarded to projects that have great curb appeal, street engagement, inviting exteriors, welcoming entries and gathering spaces for the public, the winners are: HOPE Christian School: Fortis Campus, 3601 N. Port Washington Ave.
- Mayor's Design Awards
- City of Milwaukee
- May. 20, 2010
Mayor's Design Awards recognize exceptional places in the city of Milwaukee and outstanding contributions to these places by individuals or organizations. Mayor's Design Awards were presented to 23 projects in 6 categories on May 20, 2010 at a reception at UWM's School of Architecture and Urban Planning.
- 106 & Park: BET's Top 10 Live
- BET (Black Entertainment Television)
- March 24, 2010
Students at HOPE Christian Schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, are putting a positive spin on Beyonce's anthem "Single Ladies."
- Grades Cool
- CBS Evening News with Katie Couric
- March 17, 2010
How can you get kids excited about schoolwork in the age of cell phones and YouTube? Tonight, Tracy Smith tells us how teachers in Wisconsin are making school cool.
- Korb and Tredo: Two of Milwaukee's finest connectors
- By Libby Castro | OnMilwaukee.com
- March 13, 2010
At HOPE Fortis, We Energies provided funding for solar panels and added a computer kiosk that allows students to track electricity generation and consumption. And, the school was cleverly finished to allow HOPE Fortis to grow and add on in the future.
- Scholar Ladies (Get An A On It): Adorable Young Women Repurpose Beyonce (VIDEO)
- Huffington Post
- Feb. 11, 2010
There have been many "Single Ladies" parodies. Babies did it, zombies did, and Joe Jonas did it. But they all pale in comparison to this adorable remix made by children at HOPE Christian Schools in Milwaukee. We're putting it out there: If these girls ever want to intern at Huffington Post, we'd love to have them!
- If You Learned It Then You Should Have Got an 'A' On It
- By Susan Avery | AOL Online
- Feb. 11, 2010
We are plotzing from cuteness. Beyonce may have nabbed the awards for Single Ladies, but these kids at Milwaukee's HOPE Christian Schools receive our gold star for ingenuity, creativity and a darn good idea for getting an important message out there.
- "Scholar Ladies": Greatest "Single Ladies" Parody of All Time
- By Margaret Hartmann | Jezebel
- Feb. 10, 2010
Forget those "Single Ladies" baby videos. We'd rather hear more girls singing, "You should've got an A on it" - like students from Milwaukee's HOPE Christian Schools - than extolling the virtues of putting a "ring on it."
- HOPE Christian Schools
- By Charlie Sykes | Charlie Sykes | Newsradio 620 WTMJ
- Feb. 9, 2010
What an extraordinary success story they are.
- Beyonce Beware: All the Scholar Ladies
- By Bill Henk | Marquette Educator
- Feb. 8, 2010
I want to highlight one small school system in Milwaukee whose storytelling truly stands out. HOPE Christian Schools has done a remarkable job of educational video production that I wanted to bring to your attention.
- HOPE Christian schools quietly go about business of teaching
- By Erin Richards | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Feb. 8, 2010
HOPE Christian Schools may be housed in unassuming spaces, but they are quietly expanding and changing, figuring out the best way to make sure every child - from kindergarten through 12th grade - is on the path to college.
- “Scholar Ladies” video, by students of HOPE Christian Schools in Milwaukee, becomes online sensation
- By staff writer | The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
- Feb. 1, 2010
A video posted on YouTube by students of HOPE Christian Schools in Milwaukee called "Scholar Ladies" has become an online sensation and attracted the admiring attention of several national media outlets. The video mimicks Beyoncé's hit "Single Ladies" video.
- Kids sing of 'Scholar Ladies' - not Beyonce's 'Single Ladies': The girls sing 'If you learned it then you should have got an A on it'
- Reporter: Lolly Bowean | Chicago Tribune
- Jan. 27, 2010
The middle school students at HOPE Christian Schools may be single, but more important, they are scholars.
- Scholar Ladies
- Reporter: Richard Hunt | K-LOVE
- Jan. 24, 2010
Music is proving to be a positive way to reach urban kids who are falling behind in school. And the HOPE Christian Schools in Milwaukee want to inspire a million students nationwide to aim high in life and education.